If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Ride a pump trolley at Kings Cross this weekend - Steam Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by chrishallam, Oct 10, 2014.

1. chrishallam

chrishallam Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Morning all,

I appreciate that it's quite late notice, however just through I would highlight the 'Steam Extravaganza' weekend being held at the Granary Warehouse in between Kings Cross and St Pancras this weekend. (Not Strictly Kings Cross Station, but it overlooks it!)

Earlier in the year we (IRPS) were asked about the possibility of laying track back in front of the warehouse and offering pump trolley rides for the weekend. As such, the advanced team are down today for the set up.

Other attractions this weekend include:
    Gresley Beat and Copenhagen Fields model railways (Both very relevant to the area so I am told)
    NSMEE Miniature Passenger Carrying Railway
    Steam Fire Engine
    Steam Lorry

The whole event is free also and more details can be found at:

http://www.kingscross.co.uk/steam

It's just a shame I couldn't sneak off for 15 minutes on Sunday and watch the B1 depart!

2. kieranhardy

kieranhardy Well-Known Member

You'd be wasting your time!

According to UKsteam it's been cancelled to be rescheduled on a new date.

3. chrishallam

chrishallam Member

Sorry for not being clearer, that was what my comment alluded to that it had been cancelled. When we were down for a meeting earlier this year we found a viewing tower that overlooks the whole station which would have been great to watch her leave from!

Anyway, whilst I was stuck in the office this afternoon I received this photo so it looks like set up is progressing as planned

Attached Files: