If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Open or Closed during Emergency?

本贴由 gwilialan 于 2020-03-13 发布. 版块名称: Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK

主题状态:
主题已关闭, 停止回复.
  1. gwilialan

    gwilialan Well-Known Member

    注册日期:
    2012-12-08
    帖子:
    1,732
    支持:
    4,061
    性别:
    男
    所在地:
    Out there somewhere
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Coronavirus... yes I know it's all over the news and wherever and I realise there is a separate thread in the General Chat section but... With the continuing pressures to prevent the spread many events are being postponed so, I'm asking (and mods feel free to relocate or delete this as you see fit); Would it be of use to all if we could use this thread for heritage railways to indicate if they are staying open or closing for some time while this threat continues?
    It would be useful to have the information in one place - especially with Easter approaching.
    Just a suggestion..
    Alan

    RE - EDIT:- 21/3/20. As far as I can tell the whole heritage movement is now closed. Some railways websites are saying "No services in March, April under review". I have a strong suspicion no one will be open in April either. Use websites and social media to check but beware, Websites, Facebook and Twitter can all show different information for the same railway depending on when they were last updated.

    Thanks to all of you who helped keep the list updated.
     
    Last edited: 2020-03-21
    已获得D1039, Jamessquared, green five 和 另外2人的支持.
  2. marshall5

    marshall5 Part of the furniture

    注册日期:
    2010-10-26
    帖子:
    2,707
    支持:
    4,879
    所在地:
    i.o.m
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Isle of Man Railways are operating as advertised, the IMR from last Friday, the MER from today and the SMR from the 24th. No confirmed cases of Covid 19 here.....yet.
    Ray.
     
  3. D1002

    D1002 Resident of Nat Pres

    注册日期:
    2011-04-25
    帖子:
    10,179
    支持:
    7,914
    性别:
    男
    所在地:
    Enfield
    I’ve got a horrible suspicion that this could turn out to be quite a long thread!!
     
    已获得jnc的支持.
  4. D1002

    D1002 Resident of Nat Pres

    注册日期:
    2011-04-25
    帖子:
    10,179
    支持:
    7,914
    性别:
    男
    所在地:
    Enfield
    As mentioned elsewhere, Mangapps has temporarily closed and Vintage Trains have cancelled all April tours.
    The North Norfolk Railway announced that they have taken the decision to postpone the Spring Steam Gala due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
     
    Last edited: 2020-03-13
  5. Jamessquared

    Jamessquared Nat Pres stalwart

    注册日期:
    2008-03-08
    帖子:
    29,679
    支持:
    73,259
    所在地:
    LBSC 215
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The Bluebell Railway continues to operate and is open to visitors.

    Statement here: https://www.bluebell-railway.com/coronavirus-statement/ Bottom line is that the railway is running as normal, but the situation is being monitored. If the situation changes, that page will be updated (and also via Facebook etc).

    Tom
     
  6. Paul.Uni

    Paul.Uni Well-Known Member

    注册日期:
    2008-08-28
    帖子:
    1,680
    支持:
    879
    Churnet Valley has cancelled it's Mad Hatter Tea Party event, but are continuing to operate other services. https://www.facebook.com/churnetvalleyrailway/posts/3027638993924256

    Britannia's visit to East Lancs Railway has been postponed (new date TBA), otherwise the ELR is operating https://www.facebook.com/eastlancsrly/posts/3890891737595266

    Nene Valley is operating, but some services may be replaced by the Swedish Railcar https://www.facebook.com/NeneValleyRailway/photos/a.161418137345331/1603479589805838/?type=3
     
  7. Sidmouth

    Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

    注册日期:
    2005-09-12
    帖子:
    10,821
    支持:
    11,175
    性别:
    男
    所在地:
    Alderan !
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
  8. Steamie Boxes

    Steamie Boxes Member

    注册日期:
    2017-08-17
    帖子:
    749
    支持:
    796
    性别:
    男
    职业:
    Fireman at L&HR
    所在地:
    Lake District
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Ravenglass is operating
     
  9. flying scotsman123

    flying scotsman123 Resident of Nat Pres

    注册日期:
    2013-09-09
    帖子:
    10,952
    支持:
    19,783
    性别:
    男
    所在地:
    Cheltenham
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    GWSR operating as normal for now. All volunteers who have been abroad to affected parts of the world have been told not to come in!
     
    已获得misspentyouth62的支持.
  10. Spamcan81

    Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

    注册日期:
    2007-08-25
    帖子:
    36,997
    支持:
    24,501
    职业:
    Training moles
    所在地:
    The back of beyond
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Railcar vice steam today and steam on Sunday.
     
  11. garth manor

    garth manor Well-Known Member

    注册日期:
    2009-04-10
    帖子:
    2,101
    支持:
    605
  12. 5944

    5944 Resident of Nat Pres

    注册日期:
    2006-01-14
    帖子:
    10,415
    支持:
    12,900
    性别:
    男
    职业:
    Train Maintainer for GTR at Hornsey
    所在地:
    Letchworth
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
  13. Martin Perry

    Martin Perry Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator Friend

    注册日期:
    2006-04-15
    帖子:
    16,554
    支持:
    7,906
    所在地:
    1012 / 60158
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Can everyone please make sure that anything they post is fact, preferably with a link to the website of the organisation concerned.
     
    已获得Johnb, Wenlock, crusader612 和 另外2人的支持.
  14. Ploughman

    Ploughman Resident of Nat Pres

    注册日期:
    2008-04-01
    帖子:
    6,181
    支持:
    2,941
    职业:
    Ex a lot of things.
    所在地:
    Near where the 3 Ridings meet
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
  15. Paul.Uni

    Paul.Uni Well-Known Member

    注册日期:
    2008-08-28
    帖子:
    1,680
    支持:
    879
  16. Paul.Uni

    Paul.Uni Well-Known Member

    注册日期:
    2008-08-28
    帖子:
    1,680
    支持:
    879
  17. buzby2

    buzby2 Well-Known Member

    注册日期:
    2009-03-26
    帖子:
    1,899
    支持:
    743
    所在地:
    Swanage
    Swanage Railway is operating today (with 80104) but it may be necessary to alter future advertised services and/or events due to the developing situation.
    Updates on services will be published, I understand, on the main web site as well as its social media outlets.
     
  18. lostlogin

    lostlogin Member

    注册日期:
    2007-07-09
    帖子:
    467
    支持:
    264
    I cannot see virtually any heritage railway not operating voluntarily unless they don't have volunteers to run the service as they need the income. I would though expect gala's to be postponed and possibly timetables altered.

    The coronavirus could decimate the finances of many heritage railways. Nobody knows to what effect tourism is going to be hit, what Govt will do to support or even how long this will go on how would many of our railways cope with say a 20% or 25% fall in income? Many heritage sites in Ireland have been forced to close, how long would it be before some railways ran out of money if that was forced on them especially with Easter coming up which is normally a busy start to the season.

    Obviously people's health is the most important thing and many business's will hit in the UK but I do worry about the tourism sector especially
     
  19. D7076

    D7076 Well-Known Member

    注册日期:
    2007-12-21
    帖子:
    1,661
    支持:
    813
  20. johnofwessex

    johnofwessex Resident of Nat Pres

    注册日期:
    2015-04-06
    帖子:
    10,385
    支持:
    8,764
    性别:
    男
    职业:
    Thorn in my managers side
    所在地:
    72
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    But the timetables section still shows trains running...................
     
主题状态:
主题已关闭, 停止回复.

分享此页面