If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

NRM plus 2010?

Discussion in 'National Railway Museum' started by rough-shunter, Sep 24, 2008.

Could any one explain what the nrm plus project is that we are hearing so much about and what will it include ?

1. Anthony Coulls

Anthony Coulls Well-Known Member

Under development at the moment. :-#

2. right so when do we here more?

3. dace83

dace83 Well-Known Member

4. gresleyman

gresleyman Member

Student
    Is it anything to do with the redevelopment plans that were floating around about 3 months back, I know there have been several attempts to submit plans for diverting Leeman road and developing the yard area. I did also hear that the wheel is to be moved as well but that may have just be tabloid chatter.

5. Dan Hamblin

Dan Hamblin Part of the furniture

Rolling Stock Engineer
    As I understand it the concept is to update the way the collection is displayed to bring it in line with current industry best practice e.g. improved interactive elements and trying to tell a story using appropriate exhibits. The new Flying Scotsman exhibition at the NRM is cited as an example of what they wanted to achieve.

Mind you, this information has been in the public domain for a few years now and may have altered somewhat.

Regards,

Dan

6. Anthony Coulls

Anthony Coulls Well-Known Member

That's pretty much it Dan, it's still in the developmental stages - hence the lack of detail I can give.

Thanks
    Anthony