If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

NNR fleet for 2012

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by hicks1986, Apr 28, 2012.

1. hicks1986

hicks1986 New Member

Hello, just wondering, with 44767 out of action, will 45337 be staying on the NNR for the summer as a replacement?

I'd also read that the N7 is due to return to the NNR, be nice to see it back

2. Thetrainmaster97

Thetrainmaster97 New Member

I am not sure I think 45337 is staying until the end of may but that maybe different although they may have something up there sleave!

3. kieranhardy

kieranhardy Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    At present the NNR have the J15, B12, 92203 & 5619 as the main locomotives with 45337 till the end of this month & Wissington entering service in the near future though she of course wont be a main locomotive.

With regards to the N7, where did it say it was due back? The Museum have actually paid off the remaining debt of the overhaul to the NNR. However i could see her being a popular visitor if she was changed to LNER black to match the J15 & B12.

4. hicks1986

hicks1986 New Member

Thanks for the info

I'd read in a couple of railway magazines (that are available now) that the N7 was due to come back to the NNR at the end of May

5. kieranhardy

kieranhardy Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I'd be more inclined to think this is false information. 69621 is in pieces undergoing various repair works at the moment and has been for the past couple of months. I'd be surprised if she was back in action end of this month. End of next month could be a possibility though.

6. Thetrainmaster97

Thetrainmaster97 New Member

Well 69621 is going to the colne valley railway next weekend so I should think its finished