If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

New Issue 117 with 5043 on the cover.

Discussion in 'Heritage Railway' started by green five, Oct 29, 2008.

1. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    This issue is a vast improvement on the last one with some good articles and excellent photography in it. There's a great Black and White picture in the centre spread of the WD on the KWVR and some excellent shots of the weathered Riley steeds in Scotland. Also look out for the trick pictures: 60163 in BR green on the GCR and 1000 in action on the SVR................... Also there is the news regarding 44932, the plans for 850's ML return, plans for a special run with 60007 next year and a lot more.

2. cct man

cct man Part of the furniture

CONSTRUCTION
    Yes it certainly is a vast improvement on the last issue, it could not have got any worse.

Chris W.

3. ipod

ipod Well-Known Member

I've just torn out page 59 and nailed it to my wall.... it doesn't get much better than that in my opinion.

4. Steve

Steve Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Gentleman of leisure, nowadays
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I've bought HR for the first time in a while, today. When I looked at the photo on page 59 my first thoughts were that it doesn't look real. Don't know what it is but it just gives me the impression that it's been doctored in some way. Probably wrong, though.

The main reason for buying it was the article on Pattern Making. At last, something informative and useful that might inspire others to have a go at such things. Please can we have more of such articles that give practical advice on how to do things?

5. ipod

ipod Well-Known Member

It doesn't look doctored to me, that's exactly as it was on the day.

6. acorb

acorb Part of the furniture

Totally agree, a vast improvement on previous issues with some lovely photographs in it. Oh for the one of the Midland Compound on Victoria bridge to be true!