If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Moreton Cutting - Didcot

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by D1059, Sep 4, 2009.

1. D1059

D1059 Member

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I know most linesiders look in here

A warning to those of you who might wish to use the bridges in Moreton Cutting just to the east of Didcot.

There are 3 bridges - the eastern one was rebuilt some time ago with high walls and is narrow so not much use for photography.

The middle one is on a public bridleway and is popular with photographers. I have just found out from OCC Highways dept that the bridleway is closed as of next Monday, 7th Sept for 6 months as Network Rail are rebuilding the bridge. The info I have is that only the supports will be re-used so expect the usual Berlin Wall style parapets when the work is finished and lots of pallisade fencing.

Advanced warning - the western bridge is also to be rebuilt with the work commencing in December. This bridge is also narrow, but usable at the moment.

Looks like we are losing yet more photo spots.

STEVE