If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

MIDLAND RAILWAY CENTER - BUTTERLEY RESEVOIR

Discussion in 'Photography' started by zep108, Apr 9, 2019.

1. zep108

zep108 Member

logistics
    hello
    anyone visiting butterley resevoir recently in order to get a shot of the causeway may have come across problems with the fishing club
    for example being told that it is private and no one is allowed there anymore also being bullied by two or three fishermen please see below a reply i have received from the canal and rivers trust

Thank you for your email, I am sorry to hear about your experience at Butterley reservoir.
    I can confirm that the reservoir is open to the public and can be freely walked around.
    The fishing club at the reservoir actually owns the land where the car parking is that the fishermen use and where the Midland railway is. Their land boundary directly adjoins the reservoir and where I believe you are refereeing to the gate as located. This access on to the reservoir is on and across privately owned land by the fishing club and not an official public access point on the reservoir.
    We have been in contact with the fishing club and they are clear that the reservoir is open to the general public. We have asked for this gate to be available to all, but his is ultimately at the discretion of the fishing club.
    I hope that you find future visits to the site much more pleasurable.
    Yours sincerely
    Carl Nicholls

Fisheries Manager

so its a polite request to use the gate , walk off the end of the platform or follow the road around to another entrance
    regards