If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Maintenance Manuals

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by weltrol, Mar 22, 2009.

1. weltrol

weltrol Part of the furniture Friend

If any C&W people would like an electronic copy of the two BR workshop manuals for MK1 and 2 coaches, drop me an email to xxxxxxxxx, and the two documents will come as seperate emails (3.0MB and 2.9MB)

regards

Frank N.

N.B. Offer now withdrawn due to ungrateful people not even having the courtesy to acknowledge receipt or thank me for the manuals.

2. fish7373

fish7373 Member

tube lines Northfields railway depot Piccadilly li
    hi
    can you send me a copy of this have a mk1 to look after, thanks

3. Ploughman

Ploughman Part of the furniture

Ex a lot of things.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Can you send me a copy of each as well please.
    Thanks

4. ghost

ghost Part of the furniture

Without wanting to start an argument, perhaps those who have requested the manuals on this forum should read Frank's message properly - he clearly states how to get hold of them, and it's not by leaving a message on here...

Keith

5. PVRC&WSUPT

PVRC&WSUPT New Member

Can say that, I contacted Frank on above details and received a prompt reply. Good job I had a new ream of paper handy by the printer though 8-[ . Thanks Frank, a valuable document to have.
    How many other BR Mk 1 & Mk 2 manuals/diagrams etc are available electronically? and if so, where is the best source [-o<

6. weltrol

Thank you Keith.

I have already had six enquiries for copies, all duly sent out to the poor s*** who now have to plough through 300+ pages of useful information,diagrams and pictures.

I know the HRA ran a weekend course at the Severn Valley a few years ago, which seemed to suggest that this information was not widely available, or acted upon.

Please follow the instructions on the opening thread if you want a copy. It does help as well if you give an idea of which railway you are from as well. One lucky outfit now has TWO copies. Somehow, I do not think that they will be turning out twice as many overhauled/well maintained Mk1's as a result... \:D/ (no disrespect meant to you lads - you know who you are!)

Frank N.
    ps. I DID say they were big files.

7. Ploughman

Ex a lot of things.
    Slapped hand duly received and acted upon

8. weltrol

Any more takers out there?

17 people have requested, and, I hope, received their copies of the BR manuals BR 10906 and BR 10907.

BR 10906 : Regulations for the Repair of BR Standard Locomotive Hauled Coaching Vehicles at Main Works

BR 10907: Maintenance of Locomotive hauled Coaching Stock at Outstations and Depots

All you have to do is send an email....

Regards

frank N.

9. Ploughman

Ex a lot of things.
    Received with thanks
    Bryan

10. joshs

joshs New Member

Email sent and as over people proptley received reply exelent documents and well worth having for refernce.

Thanks Josh

11. weltrol

21 today, 21 today....

Another two sets today brings the number of sets sent up to 21.

Granted some of these people are private individual owners like I was, but it begs the question of 'What were we all doing before this? '
    I know I have had several arguments about rolling stock over the years, with little to back up what I said until these came my way. Even then, it was a case of ](*,)

In my opinion, the HRA should have been doing more for the smaller outfits/operators, rather than the reply/help/advise I received which was basically 'You've paid your membership, now Sod off'.

If the mods are willing, would a copy be acceptable for a 'Useful Downloadable Documents' section as part of the C&W section?

12. 34007

34007 Part of the furniture

Would certainly be interesting to see.... i think a downloads section is a good idea... We are all here to share knowledge and this is probably the best idea that someone has come up with so far...

13. PVRC&amp;WSUPT

PVRC&amp;WSUPT New Member

Couldn't agree more. In this day and age, constantly changing rules and regs are a nightmare. Correct maintenance proceedures and records are vital for anyone who moves fare paying passengers around. However, I am sure that I am not alone when I find it frustrating that despite wanting to do and record things correctly, exactly how it should be done is still a mystery. Long established players have very good records and proceedures (hopefully). Ie SVR,Bluebell, NYMR, Mid Hants, SDR etc etc. Some of the newer railways are left to find out what they can. A database of what should and shouldnt be done would be invaluable. Some people have been very helpful and willing to share information & specs etc others not so. The carriage restoration seminars are a big big help, but some railways only have Mk 1s & Mk 2 which clock up high mileages. Others have 4 wheelers, timber framed stock, big 4 stock which also have lots of use, and need different sorts of restoration,maintenance and testing. You are never going to be able to please everyone all of the time.
    What is missing is perhaps a HRA carriage and wagon section which looks after all aspects of C&W.
    A tall order, I'm sure, but if you don't ask, you don't get?
    What does the NRM have C&W document wise? does anyone know?

14. ahardy

ahardy Member

The NRM has some quite interesing C+W stuff in search engine, had a breif glance, but will be going back for a a far more detailed look soon.

Andy

15. yorksireenginegroup

yorksireenginegroup Well-Known Member

MECHANIC
    hi could u tell me do the manual list BR part numbers in them because i am getting hold of parts at the minute for foxfield through my work and have been told if i can get BR part numbers they can cross reference

16. yorksireenginegroup

yorksireenginegroup Well-Known Member

MECHANIC
    same here ive asked no reply either

17. weltrol

Sorry folks, have had a bad couple of weeks lately...

Please re-send an email direct to me, not via the pm service, and I will gladly forward the two files to you.

Regards

Frank N

fcnicholasATtiscali.co.uk

ps... Darkskies,
    GCRN were given copies of these manuals by myself TWO years ago, when I had the misfortune in life to be associated with them.

18. 1306 mayflower

1306 mayflower New Member

does anyone have electronic coppies of the maintenance manuals for unrebuilt and rebuilt vacuum braked 16 ton coal wagons ?

19. weltrol

Is there any interest for electronic copies of the 1988 edition of CMS123 for the more modern railways?
    If so, follow the instructions on the lead message.

20. JB

JB Guest

What is the CMS123 about?