If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Lynton & Barnstaple Railway - 15/16 May 2010

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Axe, May 8, 2010.

1. Axe

Axe Member

Retired (Electronics Engineer)
    A reminder that next weekend (15th/16th May 2010) will see two days of special trains and side attractions at Woody Bay to celebrate the anniversary of the opening of the railway in 1898.

Both ‘AXE’ and ‘SID’ will be in steam hauling passenger trains on both days. If you have ever fancied driving a diesel locomotive, 'HEDDON HALL' will be providing 'Driver for a Fiver' from the loading dock (Note: Age restrictions will apply.) Running on the 7¼ inch gauge miniature railway within the grounds at Woody Bay Station will be a model of the original Manning Wardle steam engine ‘YEO’.

Additionally there will be several attractions in marquees on the lawn of the adjacent Moorlands Hotel, including several model railways, some of which are live steam.

Chris

2. Old Kent Biker

Old Kent Biker Member

ex IT Consultant
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Annual Spring Gala Weekend - THIS weekend, May 15th/16th

The latest update from the L&B website:
    A weekend of special trains and side attractions to celebrate the anniversary of the opening of the railway in 1898. ​

Free Car Parking at Woody Bay.
    Entry is by ticket - stay on site as long as you like and travel behind either AXE and SID our resident engines which will be hauling trains all day. Travel as often as you like - (dependant upon seats being available). ​

If you have ever fancied driving a diesel locomotive, HEDDON HALL will be providing 'Driver for a Fiver' from the loading dock. (Age restrictions will apply.) ​

Stuart Wells' one third scale model of YEO will be running on the 7 1/4" line. ​

There are attractions in the marquees on Moorlands Hotel lawn including several model railways, some of which are live steam. ​

Also FREE for children of all ages: Face Painting and Punch and Judy Professor. ​

3. Old Kent Biker

Old Kent Biker Member

ex IT Consultant
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    If anybody who attended the gala took photos they would like to be considered for publication on the L&B Website (see link in my signature), please let me know.