If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Llangollen Railway Timetables

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by jonathonag, May 24, 2013.

1. jonathonag

jonathonag Well-Known Member

Railway Engineer
    Hi, Just a general enquiry,

I'm planning on popping down for a visit on Sunday 26th May. Going by the timetable, it's rostered to be Timetable B - Steam and Heritage Diesel Railcar. The loco roster, however, shows both No. 3802 and No. 7822 in action, No. 7822 on the Driver Experience. With anybody with the experience able to clear up, does that mean that it's Timetable B with just one steam and one railcar in action, or is it that it is both No. 3802 and No. 7822 in action alongside the diesel railcar?

And if it's the latter, what time would runs involving the driver experience be performed at between Llangollen and Carrog?

Thanks

2. Thompson1706

Thompson1706 Part of the furniture

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    It's strange that we're only operating one steam loco on public services on what is potentially a busy day. The 11.00 , 13.00 & 15.00 will be hauled by 3802 & the d.m.u will do the other services.
    The driver experience train normally follows the steam service, giving the service train time to get out of section at Deeside Halt.

Bob.

3. RA & FC

RA & FC Well-Known Member

It isn't really strange as to why a B service is being run on that day. Each year the timetables are chosen based on the visitor numbers for the previous couple of years.

4. pete12000

pete12000 Member

Can any one confirm which engine's are working this weekend at Llangollen?

I'm not sure if their roster is up to date on the website?

Thanks!