If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Launch date set for 6023

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by railway, Nov 1, 2010.

1. railway

railway New Member

http://rail-news.com/2010/11/01/blue-king-to-be-launched-next-march/

2. 6024KEI

6024KEI Member

I'm intrigued by the date as that's a Thursday in the middle of the school term so its presumably not intended to be a big crowd puller - maybe more of a time for those that have worked wonders!

3. saltydog

saltydog Part of the furniture

Retired
    Good news indeed. And a big congratulations to all those who have worked so hard to get her back again.:clap2:

4. shedbasher

shedbasher Member

musician
    Great news hope it does go to the Nene Valley not to far for me to go

5. B17 61606

B17 61606 Member

Looking forward to this one - something a bit different and a very impressive machine. Well done to the guys at Didcot for a stunning restoration job, can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Regarding running-in at the NVR, - wow - that's (appropriately) out of the blue! The Rev Paten will be pleased - he has long wanted to see a large GWR express engine visit the line and I really hope it happens too.

With 44422 now apparently staying for the 2011 season, resident 73050, 34081 on site and now possibly the 'King' for a little while, enthusiasts will hopefully be looking at the NVR with renewed interest. Hopefully the board will give/have given approval for the restoration of another (currently OOU) MK1, and the LMS steam crane is nearly there after a painstaking overhaul. While I like most of the Continental stuff, like many I can't help but have more interest in the British stock. The blue King would look great with the 'blood and custard' MK1 rake... fingers crossed!