If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

latest issue

Discussion in 'Heritage Railway' started by hughesfowler, Oct 28, 2012.

1. hughesfowler

hughesfowler Member

Could Robin Jones finally answer the question as to why such poor quality paper thus leading to poor quality reproduction continues with the magazine. There are other publications within the mortons fold that continue to offer far superior quality than continually produced by heritage railway.

I like the articles and format its good, but magazines are expensive now and to look at over saturated/contrasty pictures with shadows highlights being totally wrong continues with this magazine.

Come on Robin if its budget restraints from your employers then let it be known that your publication is suffering because of it and the reason my pennies stay in the pocket.

2. Robin Jones

Robin Jones New Member

I have taken note of your comments.

3. hughesfowler

hughesfowler Member

Well Mr Jones, It seems you are happy to come on this forum and tell us all how much input you had in your magazine returning the a4s but when criticism is levelled your magazines way you would seem to be a bit slow in the response of criticism.

Do you not as editor of a magazine have a duty to reply to your readers regarding your continual poor reproduction/paper quality. If you are on holiday then my apologies for asking for a reply to which in my opinion is a valid question .

4. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Hughesfowler

many thanks for your kind comments on my article . Just to clarify though , Geoff Lee's picture's were both from the event

Thanks to both Robin and Brian at HR for publishing the article

5. free2grice

free2grice Part of the furniture Friend

Retired Rolls-Royce engineer
    No I do not currently volunteer
    After subscribing to Heritage Railway magazine I must say that I am somewhat disappointed. What is the reason for the change in attitude when reporting? It seems that most of the news items have been written by an ex employee of the Sun newspaper. I am also saddened that the quality of the paper is now on a par with it's largest rival.
    Sorry for the rant. <BJ>

6. nine elms fan

nine elms fan Part of the furniture

Retired
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Its not the Magazine i used buy and love to read really gone downhill. I"v just subscribed to Railway Magazine for six months.

7. hughesfowler

hughesfowler Member

Did I buy the latest issue, yes. Why because despite dubious paper quality 95pcnt of magazine, includingly bitingly sharp centre pages is correct in reproduction.

So priase wher its due, some of my criticisms did not pass the censorship but when its right you have to give credit. I have seen the original of Phil Jones centre pages and the reproduction is spot on with even the smallest blade of grass very sharp.