If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

K&WVR - Steam Appeal

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by Jeff Albiston, May 16, 2012.

1. Jeff Albiston

Jeff Albiston Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Hi,

I visited the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway last Saturday, and purchased their latest 'Push & Pull' magazine, and there was a leaflet regarding a Steam Appeal for 3 locomotives that needed funds to complete their respectful overhauls.

The 3 locomotives are:
    S160 5820 (a.k.a Big Jim)
    BR Standard 4 4-6-0 75078
    Taff Vale 0-6-2 tank No 85

On the leaflet itself said how much each loco needed to complete their overhauls, 5820 (£60K), 75078 (100K) and No 85 (60K).

I'm all for to send in a donation for each of the 3 locomotives, but what it didn't state on the leaflet was who to make the cheque out to?

If anyone from the K&WVR could help me out I would be most grateful.

Cheers

2. KWVR_Matt

KWVR_Matt New Member

Checking other people's sums add up
    K&WVR - Steam Appeal

I am sorry for this apparent oversight. The cheque should be payable to the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway Trust. There's a donation form to download on this page: http://www.kwvr.co.uk/trust.html

Sincerest thanks for the donation and also for highlighting the fund raising push to get these locomotives completed.

3. Jeff Albiston

Jeff Albiston Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Re: K&WVR - Steam Appeal

Excellent. Thanks for confirming this. Had only noticed your reply just now so apologises. Will be putting some cheques in the post soon.

Cheers