If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Jacobites - August 2009.

Discussion in 'Photography' started by dgraw, Aug 28, 2009.

1. dgraw

dgraw New Member

Jacobites - August 2009, now updated with lineside shots of 45407!

Finally managed to get my first footage of the Jacobites up last night, although only 62005 at the moment but 45407 should be up by the end of the weekend, and the footage is better than the first video with some more locations along the whole line.
    The footage seen here is shot at Glenfinnan Viaduct and Fort William station, and was shot on the 16th August. I wouldn't have had to go and get the Glenfinnan shot but the day we actually chased 45407 on the Jacobite you couldn't get to it because the Glenfinnan Games were on! Got absolutely soaked getting the shot so I hope you like it, would have ventured out a bit closer away from the various different languages in the background but I would have just sunk with the clothes and shoes I had on. Went to Loch Ness later in the day and the weather was wonderful, got back to Fort William and it had clouded over and proceed to throw it down with rain soon after 62005 left!
    Also included are two class 156 shots, one with the unit arriving whilst 45407 runs round on the 14th August, the day I went on the train, when it was even wetter, and one of a double length class 156 approaching Glenfinnan Station whilst we patiently hoped the rain would stop by the time 45407 came!
    Anyway, that's enough of my blaberring on, hope you enjoy the videos, and they are available to watch in HD.

Please comment if you wish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQG0XqDQ4W8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg10cD5DjIE&eurl=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu3pHm6jPEg&feature=channel

Thanks.

2. dgraw

dgraw New Member

45407 Footage.

Now got the footage of 45407 The Lancashire Fusilier up on YouTube. This time we see the train from various lineside locations between Fort William and Mallaig.
    I hope you enjoy the video, once again please comment! Available on YouTube in HD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAW-NAcQ9l4

Hope you like the vids, I included the Neptune Steps shot although I'm not best pleased with it, I had to run from the very top to the bottom and across the loch to get it and had no time to raise the tripod.

Please comment,

Daniel.

3. BR 73082

BR 73082 Member

Good shots Daniel. I was riding it on the 15th so its nice to see what it looked like from the lineside. You can just see me at the window in the back of the first class coach at Morar!

4. dgraw

dgraw New Member

Thanks for the comment, were you the one out the window?
    Only just noticed the amount of people waving from the first coach!

5. BR 73082

BR 73082 Member

Yes I was the one out of the window. The train was pretty much full up that day, despite the weather!

6. steamingyorkshire

steamingyorkshire Well-Known Member

Lecturer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I really enjoyed them Daniel, hope you had an enjoyable time.

It was a toss up between another trip up for the Black 5 or to Norfolk this coming weekend for the final weekend of filming but having been up in July we opted for Norfolk... Although I do sometimes wonder what i'm missing out on with 45407 :-k

Keep up the good work. Si

7. dgraw

dgraw New Member

You can't complain about the weather, at least it let of a bit during your trip, on the day before we went on a it just rained all the way!
    Thanks for the comments Si, all appreciated, 45407 is a wonderful machine!

Daniel.

8. dgraw

dgraw New Member