If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Issue No. 132

Discussion in 'Heritage Railway' started by Rileys Ghost, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Rileys Ghost

Rileys Ghost New Member Account Suspended

:rip:

2. michaelh

michaelh Part of the furniture

Very comfortably early retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Will check it out in WHS - but will be after Xmas now

3. Bean-counter

Bean-counter Part of the furniture

No I do not currently volunteer
    Still reading through it but I have to say I find increasingly distracting the habit of having pictures that don't refer to the neighbouring story - the picture of the OGEG's P8 alongside a story aboutv a British register of spare parts is distinctly misleading!

That said, it gives suitably wide coverage and has no noticeable bias towards any individual organisation, which is a pleasant change.

Steven

4. Rumpole

Rumpole Part of the furniture

Tea-Maker
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Not a bad read, but having skimmed through the news articles initially even on such a brief read I noticed a number of irritating factual errors. My personal favourite was the reference to the potential visit of GBRf ED's to Swanage on a railtour being 'the first time members of the class have run on the branch'; I must have imagined the 2 in 2007 (which were incidentally the first movements over the permanent connection, and were reported in the same manner in HR at the time!) and one last year then.

5. Sulzermeister

Sulzermeister New Member

There's a puzzling error on page 32 "Harry finds a heritage market".

I don't know how it was thought that Harry Needle was one of the directors of Rail Traction Supplies. He's never had any connection with the firm.

The four directors are Alasdair Cowan, Phil Seymour, Stuart Sellar (sic) and myself.

Kind regards,

Andrew Harper

PS Website address is correct - we're always open for business!! www.railtractionsupplies.co.uk

6. John2

John2 Member

There is a picture of a JB at Corfe Castle in 1967 in the OPC Power of the Electro Diesels book.

John.