If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Isle of Wight Railway 27th & 28th Dec

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by swanny, Dec 23, 2009.

1. swanny

swanny Member

Just wondering if anybody knows if the Isle of Wight Railway will call at Smallbrook Junc on 27th & 28th Dec. Have phoned the railway but they don't seem to know what the timetable will be for sure. No timetable on website either.

2. Christopher125

Christopher125 Part of the furniture

Presuming that you mean the steam railway, not Island Line, the website says that visitors with pre-booked tickets may only join at Havenstreet - in contrast with the similar text referring to the Santa Specials which says Smallbrook as well. Going by that, its probably safe to assume either trains wont be running over the whole line, or that Island Line will not be stopping there.

Chris

3. swanny

swanny Member

Thanks for your reply Chris. Yes, I did mean the steam railway. I was going to travel on the Island Line to get to the steam railway but I don't think I'll risk it. Thanks again.