If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

In the rush to cut things up !!

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by TheEngineer, Jun 7, 2012.

1. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Member

Maintenance supervisor
    08 CLASS COUPLING WANTED

Where did all the bits go I know a lot were cut at Booths and at Margam yard,

Dear readers can you help? In putting the Kettle together and make it work we are short of a part!!

44123 the Bitton baseed 4F needs some help, also posted in Steam Traction

We are trying to locate an 08 shunter ( other type loco traction hooks may suit) draw hook and coupling assembly, if you have one or some of the parts of one or know who has one that might like to discuss terms with us please get in touch.

Phone is on,07761820571, so ring any daytime / evening pref not between midnight and 7 AM unles its a real emergency!! thanks see what you can all come up with.

I will post up the results as it happens!!

Best Regards Andy

2. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Member

Maintenance supervisor
    From Steam Traction,Thank you for the two suggestions, I will try Booths on Monday see what they have to offer.

I notice you have to register with Booths and log in onto their website, does that give access to computerised lists of all parts availible ? or is it still a ring and ask situation? Does anyone know.

I had a line on one coupling, which is availible and ongoing in regard to suitability, we are currently checking as its been modified.I was in conversation before I posted up.

I thought there might well be readers, who have direct access or knowledge of such items? T

There were an awfull lot of parts taken off loco's at many sites such as Margam Yard, during the breaking process a bit like when the steam loco's were broken at Woodhams and Cashmores.

Its early days yet, but having thought on it it is likely that a Brake van or carriage hook is the same proportions, but with different coupling.

Has anyone any knowledge of any BR catalogue numbers or publications that dal with coupling data.

At work we produced a range of sight level gauges with circular glass tubes in. As fitted on many 1960/70 built loco's such as the fuel tanks on HST's these are detailed in a BR catalogue " BRB MT/75 Level Gauges and Relief Valves" , there must be somewhere a similar catalogue for draw gear. Such as Instantas hooks and buck eyes? Any ideas? Detailing the details and possibly dimensions of these parts.

Anyone involved with a loco wishing to have a copy of the document I have get in touch.

Thanks for the interest so far, Regards Andy