If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Important note for photographers who may visit Dalnaspidal Level crossing

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by Alberta 45562, May 5, 2015.

1. Alberta 45562

Alberta 45562 Part of the furniture

Train Simulator Developer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Hi all,

This is not really the best place to put this thread,but I figured that the photography section probably doesn't get viewed by as many people who view the "What's Going On" section of the site...

The below regards the following location:
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Dalnaspidal, Pitlochry, Perth and Kinross PH18/@56.8303653,-4.2204464,647m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x4888b515e6c72a3d:0xd5c8410510313730!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Anyway,I had a somewhat unsettling time when visiting Dalnaspidal Lodge Crossing yesterday and as Scotland Police are feeding information to local walkers etc I feel it is only right that I make sure those most relevant to the info get it also:

I should add that this location is public,and I had this confirmed to me by the police,and they also confirmed that I wasn't trespassing on the below man's property.

I had a rather unsettling time at Dalnaspidal foot crossing (public footpath) when I returned here around an hour after seeing 66305 just in case the 37's (which had stalled at Dalnacardoch) proceeded north (with assistance). I noticed after 15 minutes of watching that a man (who lives in the bungalow on the A9 side of the line) wearing a camouflage jacket and jeans was mimicking my every move,making sure he could see my legs and that his face was obscured by a conifer tree. After a short while of looking out of the corner of my eye I noticed that he in fact had a rifle (or shotgun) in his right hand and was clearly watching (some may say stalking) me and my girlfriend. I decided that it was best to leave and calmly walked back to the car with Becky and then drove off as fast as I could. I stopped immediately at the top of the lane just to see what he did (and what he actually looked like) and he went straight inside the bungalow,. He seemed to walk very slowly,almost trance like and I am worried about his mindset...

Following this I immediately rang the police,who have since told me that they are visiting the guy and that they are talking this incident very seriously,they also recommend that I (and by reading this I hope you,other photographers),stay away from the location. It IS a public location but clearly this man is not quite all there. I have not heard back from Pitlochry Police yet,but I would urge all photographers to simply STAY AWAY FROM DALNASPIDAL LODGE CROSSING. It was a quite scary time and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

I will advise further if I hear back from Pitlochry Police.

Link to an image taken at said location:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/mark-walker/17194721760/

Cheers,
    Mark

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  2. bakabung

bakabung Well-Known Member

Cat servant
    Thanks Mark. I drove by there last week so will remember for the future.

3. stevenjcrozier

stevenjcrozier New Member

Thanks for the info Mark. Not been there for a while but will keep away.