If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Historic Rail Documentation, track plans and maps available

Discussion in 'Railwayana' started by domeyhead, Oct 27, 2014.

1. domeyhead

domeyhead Member

I have a very large collection of historic rail documents which I am in the process of cataloguing and listing on eBay. The collection is very varied and extends from the mid 19th century to the middle of the 20th. It includes a lot of station and track plans, signalling diagrams, drawings and some very interesting correspondence between various railway companies, but if you want to keep an eye on what I'm listing go on to eBay and use the "Advanced Search" option, then select options "Find Shops" and type "OurRailHistory"
    It takes time to enter the details so I'll just be putting a few up at a time but there are many hundreds of items so it will be a long task!
    By the way all the proceeds from the sales will be donated to 2 or 3 local rail restoration projects so if you are keen to buy anything your bid will go to a good Preservation cause.
    If you have any questions on the collection you can also email me or add to this thread. Cheers

2. charterplan

charterplan Member

I am interested in Lnwr, and especially the Oldham area lines if you have any

3. domeyhead

domeyhead Member

I just put up a 1928 Circular to LMS staff with additional instructions on the lines from Crewe northwards. Includes Signal box block times. I can see Greenfield to Denton Jcn via Oldham Glodwick Rd. Many other sections and locations around South Lancashire.
    I'm happy to do a "Buy it Now" for £9.99.

4. charterplan

charterplan Member

Can you send a link please

5. domeyhead

domeyhead Member

6. charterplan

charterplan Member

I will buy it for a tenner

7. domeyhead

domeyhead Member

Hello a bid just appeared for the item - was that you? If you can confirm I'll delist it tomorrow morning and we can do a private transaction. I'm just off to bed so I'll check your response in the morning!
    CHeers

8. charterplan

charterplan Member

yes thats me mate

9. domeyhead

domeyhead Member

Morning! I delisted the item so it's yours.
    Can you send a Paypal payment of £12.49 to my eBay user (Domeyhead1) and I'll get the booklet despatched. I'll let you know when other South Lancs, LMS or LNWR pieces come up - I'm going through boxes one at a time so no idea what I'll find next!
    Many thanks
    Cheers
    Andy