If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Fantastic gala at Froissy

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by Purple Emperor, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Purple Emperor

Purple Emperor New Member

Talking of French 60cm lines, did many of you go to the 4 day 40th anniversary gala at the P'tit Train de la Haute Somme? It featured Leighton Buzzards Baldwin 778 and Adrian Shooters DHR B class. I arrived in the afternoon of June 2nd and stayed for the rest of the gala to June 5th. The visiting English based engines were in charge of passenger trains as far as the Santerre Plateau, where all trains terminated. They never seem to use the rest of the line to Dompierre on event days. The freight trains to Cappy and the zig-zag were double headed by the 2 visiting engines from the Chemin de Fer des Chanteraines an 0-4-0 and 0-6-0 Decauvilles, and by resident No5 Decauville 0-6-0 and Borsig 0-8-0+T No7. Combination of locos and destinations varying each day. The other passenger engines being No 10 Franco-Belge 0-8-0+T, with diesel T25 managing a round trip on the 4th- much to my delight! Filming at the plateau road crossing and at the zig-zag were new to me this visit, and are great locations. In addition there was plenty of shunting at Froissy with other diesels including the Plymouth. There seemed to be a lot of British visitors, especially on Sunday 5th, I hope you all enjoyed it. There is plenty of reason to return in the future once the No8 Vulcan 0-8-0+T and No9 Alco-Cooke are returned to service.

2. richards

richards Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer