If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Evidence of locomotive movements

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by Mookie 6100, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Mookie 6100

Mookie 6100 New Member

This might be a tough question to answer. I'm building a OO layout based on the London to Birmingham line (Marston Green station) in the 50/60's. I have a Bachmann ex-MR 4F locomotive which I would like to re-number to suit the area. I searched online for images of ex-MR 4F locomotives running on the line, with no success, they all seen to be ex-LMS. I've found a few ex-MR 4Fs based at the Saltley shed near by, using www.railuk.info. Does anyone know where you could detailed information locomotives and the lines they ran, without relying on photographic evidence.

Kind regards.

2. staffordian

staffordian Well-Known Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Whilst this might not answer your question completely, this site may help you...

http://www.brdatabase.info/index.php

You'd need to find out the sheds which runners on the line were likely based, but this site will enable you to find where any or all MR 4Fs were based at any particular date.

Mookie 6100 likes this.
  3. Mookie 6100

Mookie 6100 New Member

Thank you.