If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Denmark in 1970.

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by 45669, Aug 26, 2009.

1. 45669

45669 Part of the furniture

Retired
    Evening All,

I have just added some pictures taken in Denmark in 1970 to my Fotopic site. Unfortunately, there is nothing written on the slide mounts and I am no expert on Denmark. I am therefore hoping that someone will be able to tell me something about them. In some shots a Railway Enthusiasts' Club headboard is visible on the locomotives, so, if there are any REC members on this forum, perhaps they will be able to come up with some details.

Anyway, here's the link to the pictures :

http://ronfisher.fotopic.net/c1099919.html

They are, as usual, in the 'Stop Press!' collection for new pictures. In due course, however, I shall transfer them to the Danish Railways collection and they will then be here :

http://ronfisher.fotopic.net/c1680432.html

Further pictures to follow in due course.

2. Bean-counter

Bean-counter Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I am no expert on Danish Railways but I can tell you that the big 2-6-4T No.740 spent 15 years in the UK based on the Nene Valley before returning to Denmark in 1995 (according to the NVR website). This was the main loco to feature in the James Bond film Octopussy, claiming to be an East German DR 62 tank!

3. simon

simon Resident of Nat Pres