If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

CME - 16th May 2020 -Cancelled

Discussion in 'Bullhead Memories' started by Oswald T Wistle, May 24, 2020.

1. Oswald T Wistle

Oswald T Wistle Well-Known Member Friend

ESI Eng Manager (Retd)
    I posted some of this (and more) last Sunday, but incorrectly headed 2019, and promptly one of the Mods shunted it off to its own private siding in the vast weed-strewn yard that is Bullhead Memories. Here is a correctly headed and much streamlined version.

The Cumbrian Mountain Express 16 May 2020 – Cancelled

The corresponding Saturday last year (18 May) was memorable for 2 reasons; it was the day of the FA Cup Final (Man City 6-0 Watford) and Leander showed just what a top notch Jubilee could do. Whilst on the subject of scores here is mine for 2020. I had 9 trips booked with RTC stretching throughout the year to the CME on 10 Oct. The CME on the 16th May was to have been RTC number 6. I have travelled on only 3 RTC trips (and one of those had a tailgunner). I had also booked on the WCME (1 Feb) that RTC cancelled because of lack of bookings – I suspect that if we knew what was to come this would have been a sell out – twice over!.

Across all operators my score to date is: Steam Trips (no tail gunner) – 3, Steam Trips (with tail gunner) – 2, Steam Trips cancelled or postponed because of Coronavirus – 4. (Plus the cancellation of the 1 Feb trip mentioned above). Sadly cancellations and postponements continue into the future.

Had the trip run I would doubtless have spent Saturday evening downloading my GPS and analysing the data instead I watched Mrs W or Yasmeen as I like to call her, doing some polishing – polishing off the best part of a bottle of cabernet sauvignon. In these turbulent times it is reassuring to find that some things remain unchanged.

(Mrs W has insisted I mention that last week 25 years ago her team lost at Anfield but after the match were crowned The FA Premier League Champions – heady days!)

acw71000 likes this.
  2. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    It appears that this has also been shunted into the same wilderness.