If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Closed Railways

Discussion in 'Links' started by Charobin, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Charobin

Charobin Member

Closed railway lines in Britain and Ireland, a useful resource, especially for admin who seems to have a bit of interest in it, or is he just getting a convo going? :wink:

2. jt75069

jt75069 Member

Thanks for that charobin, I went on the website before but I lost the address, as I was looking to see when the route between Killala and Ballina in Co Mayo Ireland was closed.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

i am planning on trying to visit some and get some video footage hopefully

4. jt75069

jt75069 Member

Sorry for acting silly Neil, but whats the point of videoing a derelict line, wouldnt photos be better?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

your not acting silly jt (for once), in thinking about it you actually have a good point

6. sewardtrains

sewardtrains New Member

Retired
    8) I was quite shocked to see the amount of closed lines, I knew there were a lot of closures in the late 50's early to mid 60's, but I did not realise just how many there were. It's a real eye-opener, it amazes me that we have any semblance of railway network left in this country.
    What a waste, a good percentage of them, probably should never have closed at all,
    Regards, Sandie.