If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Chat Room Rules

Discussion in 'Forum Information' started by southyorkshireman, Mar 13, 2007.

1. southyorkshireman

southyorkshireman Resident of Nat Pres

Rotherham 41D or Metropolitan Railway boardroom
    Okay, as an experiment, we are opening a chat room for all members.

It can be found here

http://www.national-preservation.com/chat

Admin and myself shall be supervising it, although we will not be present all day. It is impossible to mod it in the same way we can the forum, therefore, here are a few bits of info and rules that I would like everyone to follow.

1.The chat room requires that all members sign up to the room in order to use it. Please use the same username and email address that you use for the main forum. We will trust you on this, but if it turns out that other members have been using others usernames, we will deal with it.

2. We expect all members to follow the same rules regarding what is and isn't acceptable and general conduct as you do on the forum.

3. For now we intend to have the chat room running 24 hours. This does not mean that there will necessarily be anyone in the room all the time, we expect it will be busier at certain times of day. Given this, whilst we will try to keep an eye on what is going on, you are being given a free reign. Any issues, please PM myself or Admin and we will deal with any offenders. We have access to a record of everything that is typed on the chat room.

4. As it is impossible to moderate on a live forum, we will be very strict on banning anyone from using the chat room if they break the forum rules. There will be a zero tolerance policy on misuse. If we find that it is impossible to have the chat room running 24/7 then we will restrict it, only being available at prearranegd times when mods are available to keep an eye on it.

5.Warnings over, enjoy talking to other members! Try it, let us know what you think in the live chat thread!