If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Carnforth Steamtown 1967 - 1987

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by wcmlbls1846, Sep 11, 2009.

1. wcmlbls1846

wcmlbls1846 Well-Known Member

57 photos of most of the main line and industrial locos, and a few coaches, that were based at Steamtown in its early days. I have taken most of the photos from the Steamtown guides published in 1975, 1977, 1982 and 1987, and hope those whose copyright I have infringed will not mind after all this time.

http://andrewsheritagetransport.fotopic.net/c1753474.html

Cheers

AN

2. porous pot

porous pot New Member

Perhaps you should have asked them first. Steamtown have copyright over the published guide for 70 years after the first publication, and similarly any other photographic images have copyright attached.

If I were you I would take down the posted pics and consult with Steamtowm. Be prepared to lose!

3. 60017

60017 Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Retired from corporate slavery :o)
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Thanks for posting those Andrew. It certainly brought back some happy memories for me. I was a Steamtown volunteer for many years in those days, and what a great place it was. No formal membership was required and anyone prepared to work was made very welcome. Whilst time has to move on and the site is totally different now I often think back to those halcyon days when preservation was gaining momentum.

The sheer elation at being allowed to take 44871 (in light steam) to an exhibition at Morecambe in the summer of 1971 is particularly memorable, as was our 'Black 5's to Barrow' mainline trips the following September. Steam was back on the mainline and WE were part of it. Awesome !!! Thanks again.

4. GHWood

GHWood Member

5. Merlin

Merlin New Member

It is a little cheeky to publish photographs from published guides where the copyright resides elswhere. And in at least one of those you have chosen it actually resides with me as i took the photographs orginally although you will not get a problem with me.
    The history of Steamtown is interesting not least where its volunteer staff have moved on to and the contribution they made to many heritage railways.
    I learnt a great deal from Peter Beet both positively and negatively in how to deal with people but also how to motivate and lead from the front. He was the best person I have ever seen in talking an unsuspecting visitor into helping and before they knew it they were scraping the shed floor etc.