If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

BWR 25th Anniversary week 17-26th June 2011

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by RASDV, Jun 16, 2011.

1. RASDV

RASDV Member

Considering this event kicks off tomorow I haven't heard very much about it! Anyone planning to go.
    More details: http://www.bodminandwenfordrailway.co.uk/specialevents/25th-anniversary.html

2. KEYHAMTRAIN

KEYHAMTRAIN Member

3. RASDV

RASDV Member

4. Rumpole

Rumpole Part of the furniture

Tea-Maker
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The photos are all taken from the bridge over the station throat at Bodmin General:-

1 and 2 are looking towards Bodmin Road (Parkway) (left hand branch as you are stood looking out).

3 and 4 are looking towards Boscarne Junction (right hand branch).

5 onwards are looking towards Bodmin General station.

5. RASDV

RASDV Member

Thanks for that

6. pete12000

pete12000 Member

Latest from the BWR website,

"LATE NEWS (Mon 20 June, 18.00): We very much regret that – due to the condition of its boiler tubes – it is highly unlikely that No 32662 ‘Martello’ will play any further part in our 25th Anniversary Week. Upon its arrival here last week, a number of the tubes were found to be leaking, some quite badly. Our engineers have worked very hard to try and rectify the problem, albeit without success. No 32662 will certainly NOT work tomorrow (Tuesday) and a further inspection and assessment of the problem, which we inherited, will be made tomorrow - please watch this space for any further updates. We are naturally disappointed by this news, due to circumstances beyond our control, and very much hope we will still have the pleasure of welcoming you to the Railway this week to help celebrate our 25th anniversary in style.
    Richard Jones, General Manager"

Still an excellent steam turnout on Sunday with 30120, 5552 and 6435, I'm looking forward to it!!!

7. RASDV

RASDV Member

That's a shame to hear about especially after No 30587 was failed previously as well. Any ideas what loco(s) will be replacing for the rest of the week.
    Thanks

8. KEYHAMTRAIN

KEYHAMTRAIN Member

9. SBZ

SBZ New Member

Full details of the BWR's 25th Anniversary Week are on the website - see http://www.bodminandwenfordrailway.co.uk/specialevents/25th-anniversary.html - and have been for a while. A further late news item regarding No 32662 'Martello' has been posted on the Home page earlier this evening. Following further inspection today, the 'Terrier' will not be able to fulfill its booked commitments as originally planned. GWR 0-6-0PT No 6435 will now deputise for 'Martello' tomorrow (12.20pm, 1.20pm & 3.20pm departures from Bodmin General), and the LSWR T9 4-4-0 No 30120 will do likewise on Thursday on the same diagram. Everyone at the BWR is naturally disappointed over the news of No 32662, due to circumstances beyond its control.

The rest of the week still offers Nos 5552, 6435, 30120, 33110, 47306, 50042 and the Class 108 DMU, so there is still a great deal on offer!

10. SBZ

SBZ New Member

Look forward to seeing you Pete!

11. RASDV

RASDV Member

WOW! After spending a super 3 days at the marvelous Bodmin and Wenford Railway for their 25th Anniversary bash I have finally got over the excitement of it all and produced a few small momentos of this fabulous feast of steam action! Totally-transport.co.uk visited from Tuesday 21st June 2011 to Thursday 23rd June inclusive and reveled in the delight of seeing T9 No:30120 in action, in the flesh (or should I say metal?) for the first time. We were treated to some suitibly impressive performances from all the steam locos that were in action. It was a shame that No:30662 was failed before the gala - it would have been nice to have seen how he / she / it (I don't quite know what it should be!) coped on the steeper gradients! Anyhow, enough of my superlatives to describe the event I shall let the locos do the talking in the video. Presented here for your delectation is:
    22 high quality photographs on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/totally-transport/sets/72157627038663718/with/5868926280/
    a 11minute, high definition video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBkih1yfbUk
    a report on the event in case you happened to miss anything: http://totally-transport.co.uk/bwr25anniversary.aspx
    I would like to take this opportunity to say a hearfelt 'thank you' to all the volunteers, paid staff, organisers, train crews and those behind the scenes for making everthing happen and make the event the superb success that it was.
    P.S: As always, any feedback (+ve or -ve) is very welcome, just P.M me or drop a line to the Totally-transport.co.uk e-mail address: feedback@totally-transport.co.uk

12. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

you might want to re read your review and change Martello's number to 32662 and not 30662

13. RASDV

RASDV Member

Oops, thanks for that! I shall change it now!

14. SBZ

SBZ New Member

15. 6026 King John

6026 King John Well-Known Member

Agree totally - I paid my first visit to the B&W on Saturday and was most impressed. A lovely railway with some serious gradients - great to hear the steam locos and dare I say it the diesels working hard! Must go back sometime.