If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

BRITISH STEAM PRESERVED BOOK.

Discussion in 'Heritage Railway' started by green five, Oct 29, 2008.

1. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Has anyone managed to get hold of one of these yet:[attachment=0:2cjm9y61]britsteampr.jpg[/attachment:2cjm9y61]

It's advertised in the latest HR. It's supposed to be a follow up to the 1948-68 one earlier in the year.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Not in my local WH Smug's yet, but I was surprised to see 3 copies of Steam The Grand Finale on display on their shelves at the weekend. At long, long last, copies of that eminently first-class product are beginning to filter through, at a time when many had just about given up hope of laying their hands upon one! Presumably, this latest offering will be treated with similar apathy by WHS?

3. williamfj2

williamfj2 Member

I've got one. It's basically a list of preserved ex BR locos with some technical data & photos from preservation and BR days. Overall not bad but I expected it to be more of the story of steam preservation after '68.

4. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I got one yesterday. It's not bad but some of the photo choices are a bit strange with a lot of blurred or out of focus shots used.

5. Wynder K Frog

Wynder K Frog New Member

Why do people keep re-hashing previously published information just to make a few quid? It's just a new presentation of history, and aimed at the Christmas market, so Auntie Mabel knows than Billy wants 'a railway book'.

You may be surprised but there is a lot of preservation history still untold. I have my own ideas on what the missing chapters are, but am developing it with another publisher.

6. Old Nick

Old Nick New Member

I'm sure we're all breathless with anticipation.

Obviously, part of your strategy is to come on here and SR pages to rubbish any potential competition....

Don't dare to allow any typos through, we'll be waiting for you