If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Braking Diagrams

Discussion in 'Locomotive M.I.C.' started by southyorkshireman, Aug 5, 2007.

1. southyorkshireman

southyorkshireman Resident of Nat Pres

Rotherham 41D or Metropolitan Railway boardroom
    Okay this will be a long shot, I'm not sure if people will argue it's a sensitive subject, but I have thought about it and cannot see an issue if done properly. I'm sure many people would be interested in these if someone is prepared to re-produce them, and they can be done as generically as possible, so as not to represent any specific loco. but here goes...

Current AWS diagram for Vac only mainline registered steam loco (assume there are some differences, particularly in control side from the one in the black book)

General braking / AWS diagram for loco with existing braking system plus train air supply

Any thoughts?

2. where is the black book from seeing as the copy right will not be kept up to date a strieght scan is probably possible. it could be seen as a sensative subject in the current climatie but it isnt really soo just do it

3. southyorkshireman

southyorkshireman Resident of Nat Pres

Rotherham 41D or Metropolitan Railway boardroom
    If there is any trouble, I'll just scan a pre war diagram for the basic vac system for you Jordan defo no copyright then....

(I was referring to sensitive as in the 'why do you want to know this other than for mischief' attitude that unfortunately seems to exist in some places. Hence the request for a generalised version so that it doesn't identify locations on specific locos, which would be perfect to satisfy those interested in modifications for modern running conditions)

4. olly5764

olly5764 Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    This was set up as an mic forum, so that is why we are discussing it, not to cause miscief, don't forget, the Great Western, Lms and B.R. standerd brake systems are slightly different, hence that a lot of railways expect you to pass out for them seperatly.
    Perhaps a driver, who is better quilified than i am as a humble passed cleaner, could explain the differences a bit better

5. olly5764

olly5764 Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Also, diagrames are of little help without explaination to back them up