If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Bluebell H Class 263 returns 28th & 29th July

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by cymroglan, Jul 26, 2012.

1. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

I'm very confused! One part of the Bluebell's website claims that this weekend will see the return of the H class. We are also promised both the P class locos (323 & 178), and the C class (592), plus Birch Grove (B473). Sounds great!

But the recently updated weekly running page has 3, 263 and 1638 on Saturday (so no P class, no C class, no Birch Grove). While on Sunday we are promised 263, 592 and 1638 (so no P class or Birch grove).

Does anyone know what is actually going to appear? Any help much appreciated.

2. jonpbowers

jonpbowers New Member

Looks like the info on the PTI page has been taken from the loco roster (which hasn't been updated for a few weeks now).

Unfortunately No.178 has failed so there has been some re-jigging of the rosters, but the plan (subject to usual disclaimers) is for Nos. 3, 323, 592, 473 and of course 263 to be in use on Saturday. On Sunday 263, 592, 3 and 323 are in action on public trains, with 473 on the Pullman Diner.

There’s plenty of double-heading over the course of the weekend, and a triple headed train at one point tomorrow and again (briefly) on Sunday afternoon. I gather working timetables with loco allocations are on sale for £1 from each station. It’s basically a standard Service 1 timetable though, with departures on the hour from 11am to 4pm from Sheffield Park, although there are a couple of extra shuttles between SP to HK slotted in on Saturday only (the first of which forms the first train of the day from SP to HK at 10.35am tomorrow).

Hope this helps!

Jon

3. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

Thanks for clearing that up! It's a bit of a hike for me, over to the Bluebell, and I wanted to be sure. Much appreciated.

4. Paul42

Paul42 Part of the furniture

For anyone coming who is using the A22 there are 3 way temporary traffic lights at the junction with the A264 in Felbridge. It is best to avoid. Alternative route turn left off A22 at Blindley Heath (at traffic lights just after Texaco Petrol Station ) on to B2029 to Lingfield. Left at 1st Roundabout and right at the second one( both in Lingfield). Then once in East Grinstead turn left at the end back on to the A22.

If anyone uses the B2028 there are 3 way temporary traffic lights in Crawley Down at the junction with Grange road.

5. Dan Hill

Dan Hill Part of the furniture

Brick Machine Operator
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Heading down tomorrow looking forward to it.

6. Oakfield

Oakfield Guest

Was planning to go, but would have to cross the path of the Olympics road race and the mentioned traffic problems on the A22 etc. as mentioned above mean i would really struggle.

With loosing the SECR liveried P class as well I think, thanks to the b####y Olympics I shall probably have to give it a miss.

7. MuzTrem

MuzTrem Member

Went to the Bluebell today and thoroughly enjoyed myself. To see and travel in so many pre-grouping carriages in use was wonderful - and the locos weren't bad either ;)

8. Paul42

Paul42 Part of the furniture

9. alts1985

alts1985 Well-Known Member

Store Manager for the Co-operative Group
  10. alts1985

alts1985 Well-Known Member

Store Manager for the Co-operative Group