If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Amberley Industrial Trains Day 16th October 2011

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by Thakeham5, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Thakeham5

Thakeham5 New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Our last railway event of 2011, Autumn Industrial Trains Day, takes place on Sunday 16th October at Amberley. As normal the majority of the i/c fleet will be out and about with demonstration industrial trains, and Bagnall 0-4-0ST ‘Peter’ operating passenger trains. Our ever-popular gricer’s tours behind the scenes will be available, with one tour in the morning and one in the afternoon. Ideal if you want to have a look around the workshop, loco shed and tunnel to view the not-so-often seen items of the collection.

Also, in addition, and all being well, we expect to have a visiting i/c loco in the form of Motor Rail Simplex w/n 60S318 of 1964, a 60S type which worked at British Industrial Sand, Middleton Towers. This will be visiting from Hollycombe courtesy of their volunteers involved in its restoration. Hopefully we will be able to offer double-headed Simplex 60S hauled trains using our own resident 60S w/n 11001, the prototype loco for this class.

The short standard gauge demonstration line around the newly restored De Witt kilns will also be in operation in the hands of ‘Burt’, Motor Rail w/n9019 of 1950.

http://www.amberleymuseum.co.uk & http://www.amberleynarrowgauge.co.uk

James Smith

2. Thakeham5

Thakeham5 New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Just a very quick update, the visiting Motor Rail 60s from Hollycombe arrived this morning

[​IMG]

Perhaps see you there, do say hello if you get a chance!

James Smith