If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

"All Change!" - 150 Years of Rail, Borehamwood, 23rd Jan-22nd July 2018

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by John Webb, Jan 23, 2018.

1. John Webb

John Webb Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Elstree and Borehamwood Museum has set up a major display about the arrival of the Midland Railway's "London Extension" in 1868 and the effect this had on the surrounding area, including the making of Britain's "Hollywood".

The exhibition is open Tuesdays-Thursdays 12noon-6pm and Saturdays 10am-3pm. Entry is FREE!

The museum is at 96 Shenley Road, Borehamwood, on the top floor of the fairly new library building near to All Saints Church. Numerous bus services pass the door, and it is less than ten minutes walk from Elstree and Borehamwood station and the Thameslink services. Several nearby car parks.

Warmly recommended, having seen the exhibition at its formal opening last night. All Change 150 Years of Rail MOD.jpg

Charles Parry likes this.
  2. John Webb

John Webb Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The duration of this excellent exhibition has been extended from late July to late September/early October due to its popularity.

3. camraman

camraman Member

Retired
    Must get to that. My old home town and spotting station. Red Road was a good place too, sounds like you may know it as well as myself. Thanks for the info.