If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

70013 on Scarborough Flyer, 2nd of August ?

Discussion in 'Heritage Railway' started by cossie matt, Jul 3, 2008.

1. cossie matt

cossie matt Member

Reservoir keeper for United Utilities
    Evening all,

Could anyone clarify if 70013 is to work Crewe-Scarboroughs this August ?
    The article on p58 of the latest edition states its going to work a train on 2nd august, i believe from UK steam that the first RTC Scarborough is on the 1st August pulled by 71000 ? No mention of 70013 on RTC website !
    Can anyone advise ?

Kindest regards

Matt Curtis.

2. Bean-counter

Bean-counter Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Don't think it will be on the Crewe - Scarboroughs - these are Railway Touring Company and they have used EWS so far this year. There was some talk of West Coast being used for these jobs when they were first announced, but David has EWS as operator on UK Steam and he usually puts nothing until it is as certain as anything is with mainline steam! 70013 is, of course, vacuum brake only and therefore can't be worked by EWS.

70013 may join the West Coast pool for the Scarborough Spa Expresses, although I doubt it will do many early on due to "End of Steam" commitments. There is a York to Carlisle on 2nd August but as 70013 is due to start from Crewe on an end of Steam Special on the 3rd, I suspect that is all that it is doing that weekend (and that special is around the North West - Kingfisher Tour).