If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

60163 Tornado on the West Somerset Railway in June

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by theonlyadsrulz, Jun 22, 2011.

1. theonlyadsrulz

theonlyadsrulz Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Not sure if a thread has been started elsewhere but couldn't see any.

I am planning on visiting the West Somerset next week to see Tornado working on the Orange timetable. However there appears to be some conflicting information about which trains she will be on. Both the official and wsr.org.uk site state that she will be on the second train off Bishops Lydeard and there being a slightly amended timetable with an extra train in each direction according to wsr.org.uk. But I have noticed that the roster on the same website says that Tornado will be on the first train from Bishops Lydeard, and I have been told that she was seen on a train she wasn't supposed to be on.

So does this mean that there is a simple error in the roster on the site or has the loco roster been changed and the timetable is now unchanegd?

Thanks in advance for any information.

2. Premier.Prairie

Premier.Prairie New Member

As I understand it Tornado is rostered on 11.10 and 16.10 Ex B.L and 14.15 and 17.45 ex Minehead Tue-Friday next week. Call 01643 704996 to confirm

Cheers

John

3. A kind person (WSR Plc director!) emailed me about this and I have corrected the loco roster. Sorry about that.

Steve

4. theonlyadsrulz

theonlyadsrulz Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Thanks Steve, that makes my planning a whole lot easier! Fingers crossed for a sunny day next Wednesday!