If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

5043 & 60007 on the 6th June 2009

Discussion in 'Photography' started by steamingyorkshire, Jun 7, 2009.

1. steamingyorkshire

steamingyorkshire Well-Known Member

Lecturer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Another rather busy day capturing 5043 and 60007, firstly I got to Abergele & Pensarn of which I’d seen a shot online of which I wanted to do however due to myself running late I didn't have time to go risk finding it so I did the station shot, although this came out really well, I did however then go look for the shot and when coming across it, the wind was blowing straight into the camera with heavy rain so would have been no good yesterday. I then saw 5043 whilst at Llandudno Junction before she ran off to turn. Then 60007 arrived at Chester and did a whole series of loco movements, tones of footage from that... and then departed back to London on time :)

A great day despite the weather, hopefully things will have improved for Thursday and Saturday for the Midland Railway Centre & the Great Central Railway.

I've uploaded a couple of shots from yesterday, although the whole sequences from 5043 at Llandudno and 60007 at Chester can be viewed in the Part 3: May & June DVD (Having just started putting Disc 2 together I’ve noticed that there is going to be like a whole 4 weeks worth of footage not actually in Yorkshire ;) )

Footage Available Here