If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

34 amazing Flying Scotsman models – vote for your winner!

Discussion in 'National Railway Museum' started by National Railway Museum, May 20, 2011.

1. National Railway Museum

National Railway Museum New Member

Voting is now open in our Flying Scotsman make-a-model competition. Head straight to www.nrm.org.uk/scotsmancomp, browse through photographs of all the amazing Flying Scotsman models we’ve been sent, and vote for your favourite.

If you’re visiting the National Railway Museum in York over the next few weeks, you can also see all the models for yourself. They’re situated in the exhibition area next to Search Engine, our research and archive centre. You can vote on the spot, and we’re also experimenting with QR codes – so if you’ve got a QR Reader on your smartphone, you can point it at the code next to your favourite model to generate an automatic email vote.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have fun browsing the many ingenious Flying Scotsmans, and vote carefully!*Voting ends 12 June, and we’ll announce the public’s favourite shortly after.

Filed under: Flying Scotsman, Museum news Tagged: competition, flying scotsman, models, voting [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Steve from GWR

Steve from GWR Well-Known Member

Well worth a look, some fabulous efforts.

Took me ages to decide on my favourite but I got there in the end.

3. richards

richards Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Under each photo is a list of what was used to make each model. For example:

"Card, felt, fridge magnet, milk carton, ribbon, pill bottle, insulin needle covers, cocktail sticks, embroidery thread, soft toy stuffing, acetate, drinking straw, Lego bricks, drawing pins, chiffon scarf… and much more!"

Another used raisins for coal (not sure of their calorific value though). Someone else used real coal from their last visit to Didcot Railway Centre!

Just goes to show how railway modelling has progressed.

Richard