If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

1300 at Wirksworth

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by david1984, Jul 2, 2013.

1. david1984

david1984 Resident of Nat Pres

Would anyone be able to say when this arrives and what days it might be in operation ?, the EVR website is hopelessly too vague to plan a visit round with 1300 visiting "for the school summer holidays" (varies depending on school concerned) and on certain days it states there are (and I'm not making this up) "Some steam trains", which steam trains are these then ?, I'm not coming all that way to find an industrial on load 1 doing the quarter mile incline bit.

I would be interested in visiting to see 1300 and a new line for me, but could use some solid gen beforehand, and the website could do with posting some solid dates and facts rather than leaving people wondering if they will see what's supposedly going on.

2. 3855

3855 Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    low loader is booked to collect it on 17th July, due in traffic 20th July, can't tell you any more as i'm only the owner!

3. s1m0nad

s1m0nad New Member

No connection with the EVR, but having had a quick look on their website http://www.e-v-r.com/summer13/ it does state what dates steam is being operated, and if you scroll down to the bottom of the page it also notes what services on those dates are steam hauled. I'm sure that if confirmation is needed contact via the details on http://www.e-v-r.com/contact/ and they will be able to help.

4. pcgenius9

pcgenius9 Member

IT
    We have tried to make our website as clear as possible in regards to when the locomotive is running. All the details including how to book a driver experience is at www.e-v-r.com/summer13 . The reason it says "some steam trains" is because the heritage railcar runs the first train of the day, as stated at the bottom of the page.

5. 3855

3855 Member

I believe it has arrived and subject to ftr etc will be running this weekend

6. nferguso_wyvern

nferguso_wyvern New Member

Vice Chairman
    1300, in her guise as 53233 is here at Wirksworth having arrived this lunchtime.

[​IMG]

Whisper it quietly, but she will be performing gauging tests on Friday but then will be in service this weekend for our Classic Transport Weekend.

Oh heck, here's our poster for the season!

[​IMG]
    Now then, we have all the details of steam services on our website (www.e-v-r.com) and our station hotline (01629 823076) is a great source of information on the day!

Kind regards,

Neil

Kempenfelt 82e likes this.
  7. Kempenfelt 82e

Kempenfelt 82e New Member

She's looking bloomin fantastic!! :)

For comparison here's a pic of my live steam model of a 3f! I'm afraid that I can't take any credit for the work, that goes to a former member of Horwich works! I really must add a vac pipe to finish her off!

L&Y 3F 008.jpg

Hope 1300 has a great stay at Wirksworth, I really must try and visit her if I can! I haven't quite managed to bump into her on my travels yet.

Kind Regards

Paul

nferguso_wyvern likes this.
  8. david1984

Thanks for the info, are steam services as planned what with the hot weather ?, looking at coming up Saturday now if that's the case, I have a free day now the high speed A4 is off.

9. 3855

3855 Member

Yes all have run thus far and are scheduled to continue as planned

10. david1984

11. david1984

12. 3855

3855 Member

Nice pics very warm on the footplate yesterday.