If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

WSR 2010 Spring Steam Gala

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by keith speller, Feb 5, 2009.

1. stepney60

stepney60 Nat Pres stalwart

Blimey, how far in advance do you clean your engines? ;-) #-o

2. ernestgew

ernestgew Member

Well it would explain why they're always dirty on the event! 8-[ . No I presume they mean for this years gala... \:D/ It should be a good gala next year, even without 73096. Haven't been to a proper Standards event before. I'm more used to nice small powerful GWR locos trundling along at a nice pace. Should make a change! \:D/

3. 73096

73096 Member

if 73096 is fixed before then I reckon the WSR should put it forward to the MHR and see if its possible I was sad when she didnt go to the KWVR Gala last year as it'd be nice to see her at a different railway!

4. ernestgew

ernestgew Member

It would be nice to hear her going up Washford banks with 7 on! =P~

5. Forevagrey

Forevagrey New Member

80078 probably wont be as she runs out of ticket in the summer

6. aldfort

aldfort Well-Known Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Always pleased to see 6695, Gave her brass an extra polish on Saturday as she's leaving us. Hope to see her again soon.

Now when's 5542 coming back? [-o<

7. Nigel Clark

Nigel Clark Member Loco Owner

Network Rail Signalman
    Thanks Aldfort she did look good at the weekend, we do appreciate the time spent by you all on getting (and keeping) her looking smart. Hopefully it won't be too long before she pays another visit. Oh she will be keeping company with 5542 over the next couple of weeks at SDR.

8. keith speller

keith speller New Member

BR STANDARDS GALA 2010

Hi everyone,
    Just a quick update.

Planning for this event is well underway with a number of locos already verbally agreed.

The plan is also to invite as many of the Standard loco supporting groups as we can. I have been compiling a list of these groups with a view to contacting you all shortly. However, in order to try to not miss anyone I thought it worth broadcasting on Nat Pres. If you belong to any of these groups could you please reply to me personally via this website so that I can be sure that I am contacting the correct person(s).

more soon

Keith

9. trainmad

trainmad New Member

Why not come and see her at Butterley... seeing as she runs there most of the time...

Or am I just being silly?

10. The_Mighty_Kings

The_Mighty_Kings Member

IT Senior Support Consultant
    Trainmad - would love to come there and see her running but its a long way from here so would need to organise a special outing and be sure she was running :-(

Would just love to see her back on the WSR thats all... and this is after all a perfect themed gala to get her back down for [-o<

11. keith speller

keith speller New Member

Hi,
    Just a quickie to let you know that things are progressing very well in the organising and sponsorship of this event. We have a number of expressions of interest and firm agreements on all fronts.

More later

12. Bulleid Pacific

Bulleid Pacific Part of the furniture

A Thingy...
    I'll have to chalk this one up for next year, as I'm interested to see how many attend, and whether there are any I'd otherwise make a pilgrimage to see. That's what I quite like about galas: because of the difficulty I have in getting around the country without a car (and not all heritage railways are near network railway stations), I've grown to rely on them to see something different. That's not to say I don't try to get around the heritage railway circuit, but it saves me a bit of money in the short-term. I hope this one really gets off the ground (and that there's representation from some of the standard new-build projects that are going on, Hengist springs to mind).

13. keith speller

keith speller New Member

"I hope this one really gets off the ground (and that there's representation from some of the standard new-build projects that are going on, Hengist springs to mind).[/quote]

I refer the honourable gentleman to my post of May 13th. I am ploughing through them all at the moment.

cheers
    Keith

14. Bulleid Pacific

Bulleid Pacific Part of the furniture

A Thingy...
    Ah, glad you clarified it to the affirmative! When I first read the aforementioned post, I got the impression that you only wanted information on groups who already have locomotives in steam. In this case, it will potentially be the standard lover's mecca (I don't recall a standards event planned on this sort of scale happening before, but as has been mentioned earlier, it's not before time...). I'm looking forward to November/December when details of the attendees start to come through.