If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Want to buy a scrap PKP steam locomotive ?

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by ADB968008, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

PKP is selling Ty2 - 1226, it's a BR52 built in Berlin, for the guide price of 91,830 PLN (todays rate £17,126)

Former numbers are:
    DRB: 52 6083
    CFR: 52 6083
    MPS: TE 6083

It's in Barry condition.

I saw it last year, it's a wreck, and it doesnt take a non-boiler engineer like myself to realise it's boiler is a wreck too (The firebox was wasted through from the footplate). It's dumped at the very end of the EMU depot at Tluszcz with another one, (some 1/4 mile from the shed exposed in a yard surrounded by open fields !) missing many components, rods and most cab fittings, dumped and exposed for a number of years.
    but there you go..

Anyone wanting a Kreigslok might be better paying £35,000 for the BR52 onsale at the Nene Valley (which is complete and reasonable condition and has worked recently), or the one at Bressingham which was offered for £30,000 + spare boiler !

Maybe more of interest is the EP05 electric also being offered for sale, this is half the price 41,480 z?, (todays rate of £7,756)
    but there you go, finally PKP has got round to considering it's options on steam !

http://www.pkp-nieruchomosci.pl/article ... _edit/3298

10% deposit required, no mention of export permits, no mention of spare part supply, probably no maintenace history and I guess your going to have to move it.

I'm sure this will be like 2007 all over again... it'll go back door to a scrap dealer for a few £2-4000 on the condition it isnt preserved by a foreigner !
    When will they learn ?

here's a few pictures of it last year

http://www.holdys.pl/tomi/index.php?des ... r=ty2-1226