If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Two charters to Peak Rail: 8/10/17

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by 61994, Oct 4, 2017.

1. 61994

61994 Member

Times for 70013 to Matlock on Sunday are out but only showing as far as Ambergate? Seems Strange..
    http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sea...8/0600-2000?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=WR

2. kestreleyes

kestreleyes Well-Known Member

signal engineer
    image.png
    A quick heads up on the weekends two incoming charters on the Sunday 8th October

Firstly early in the morning is the "Lickey Incliner 2", for mr Alan Spencer's 70th birthday, supported by the Locomotive and Carriage Institution, Alan has been instrumental in both The Derby ROG,PR and also in his early days as a fireman out of Bromsgrove shed.

Locomotives are shown as a class 37 top and tailed with a 47/8

Starting time from derby is shown as 0830 due to an early running go East Midlands train,so it'l be a quick blast Upto Rowsley, I've included a screenshot of the timings.

Later in the day we also host 70013 on "The Peak Forester "operated by the Railway Touring Company, arriving at Matlock at 1524 booked time,then Rowsley at 1600, with a departure again from Rowsley of 1815, again I've included a screenshot of the times.

Attached Files:

sunstream likes this.
  3. 61994

61994 Member

4. FlyingScotsman4472

FlyingScotsman4472 Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
  5. worldsteam

worldsteam Member

Nice shots around Greater Nottingham today out & back, thanks for sharing. I went out for both and surprised how few were on lineside. Nottingham station tonight saw only half a dozen there to see. The front coach tonight (behind support) was virtually empty, but the feeding class was wedged. Reflect on what keeps steam going.

sycamore likes this.
  6. DOH46229

DOH46229 New Member

RalphW likes this.
  7. staffordian

staffordian Well-Known Member

Retired
    A bit late with a possible answer, but I posed the question elsewhere and the implication was that it was a limitation of the scheduling software and related to the need to send service trains up the branch whilst the tour was at Rowsley. I'm guessing that the system is clever enough to prevent two trains from being on the branch at the same time (isn't it run under the one engine in steam principle, or whatever it's called these days?) but it's not clever enough to know that a train can disappear off the far end of the system at Matlock. So to allow a following service train to proceed to Matlock, they had to con the system into believing there was no train on the branch.

The main clue is the lack of any LE moves for turning and servicing the loco, of course.

8. mattspencer

mattspencer Well-Known Member

The first charter with English Electric Type 3 and Brush Type 4 traction

9. David likes trains

David likes trains Member

Made the trip to the ever popular Milford Tunnel (first time I have been there though) to catch Ollie back on the mainline, glad I did.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]