If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Toronto Railway Museum - Help Save the Fireless Porter Campaign

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by SG-Canada, Aug 31, 2016.

1. SG-Canada

SG-Canada Member

Land Use Planner
    Good evening,

I am a volunteer at the Toronto Railway Museum, so this is self serving to the organization i'm a part of, but not to me personally. I've posted updates on the TRM here in the past, but i haven't been on NatPres in some time. Just too many things going on to keep on top of all the different forums.

The museum has been offered a donation of a 1906 build Porter Fireless Steam Locomotive that has been privately owned and kept in Toronto for many years. The cost to the museum for the locomotive is nothing, but we must pay the costs of having it moved to the Roundhouse and for some initial conservation work, things which are well outside our 2016 budget. The amount needed is not a huge sum, and while those of you in the US and UK won't benefit from our ability to issue a Canadian Tax Receipt, any donations are more than welcome. The Museum has set up a fundraising page at the following link:

http://www.trha.ca/Porter/index.html

Please feel free to share the link with anyone you know who is into industrial locomotives or similar and who may want to make a donation.

Regards,

Stephen Gardiner
    Toronto, ON

Martin Perry likes this.
  2. Martin Perry

Martin Perry Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator Friend

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Good luck, donation made.

3. SG-Canada

SG-Canada Member

Land Use Planner
    Thank you Martin for the donation, and anyone else who donated. I have good news, the Porter has been saved. In addition to our fundraising, a company who the museum has previously worked with on moving structures and the CN Northern Locomotive, Laurie McCulloch House Movers has donated the move of the locomotive, which means all donations can now go to conservation/stabilization of the locomotive.

big-ted, nick813 and Martin Perry like this.