If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

The Cotton Mill Express 31/1/09

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by cossie matt, Jan 29, 2009.

1. richards

richards Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    It's got to be that high to cover the cameraman's insurance premium.

Richard

2. henrywinskill

henrywinskill Well-Known Member

Transgender toilet attendant
    Hi Mark
    you know how much it is and you know the footage is good

3. steamingyorkshire

steamingyorkshire Well-Known Member

Lecturer
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    There normally priced at £25 aren't they anyway?
    Well from the editions i've seen you always seem to get plenty for your money, i'm assuming that the footage from the Cotton Mill will be used on the Jan - June 09 DVD, so i'm assuming there will be tones more footage on it other than 45407 on Copy Pit. However due to how PSOV have presented themselves regarding this train i shall not be purchasing their upcoming DVD.

4. henrywinskill

henrywinskill Well-Known Member

Transgender toilet attendant
    Simon Karl and Dave are excellent videographers but they use a lot of passengers who supplement the footage

5. Guest

Guest Part of the furniture Account Suspended

Occasional
    24 hours gone - no reply yet from PSOV Towers

Perhaps its beneath them - or perhaps they are too ashamed to reply in public

6. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
  7. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Frank , what are you hoping for ? Some grand admission of guilt and apology . It's not going to happen

The individual concerned would probably justify his actions by saying that at slowish speed they felt safe and since they were in the support coach felt they had some degree of implcit approval

You are not telling me you haven't put your head out of the window just that little bit extra to enjoy the sight and sound of an engine hard at work

Sometimes I cannot help but feel that we are in real danger of killing any joy to be derived from steam , either travelling, photographing or just viewing

8. Guest

Occasional
    Martin - don't write such tripe, or try to justify that idiot with half a hundredweight of technology dangling from his wrist as he leans half his body out of the droplight. You are a photo shoot organiser and should know all about compliance, safety case etc.

He and his company are not enthusiasts when they are at work, they are businesses operating on the National Network for private profit, and therefore legally responsible to various bodies, and in various ways for their actions. They may not like it - but they are.

A simple acknowledgment that they have indeed overplayed their hand, in public, understand the foolishness of their actions, and will be more restrained in future, might show them as an organisation that can learn from their mistakes.

A sullen silence simply underlines that they are not fit - on safety grounds - be allowed the opportunity to do anything like this again - as it is plain stupidity, unsafe, sends all the wrong mesages, as well as being downright insensitive.

As I said PSOV can stand up to the plate - or be assessed accordingly - their move.

9. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Frank , you and i will have to agree to disagree on this . PSOV are not accountable on any forum or to any individual who disgrees with what they do and until such time as someone slaps their wrists then I'm afraid they will be laughing at you for as long as you try to lead this pointless campaign against them

in all my activities at no time have any of the above come up and the moment they do , I will walk away . I do this as an escape from work and life drudgery and can do without it. Railways are my safety valve , a time machine back to a different and perhaps simpler age

10. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
    I have to hang my head in shame 8-[ and say that I was once berated by an official on a train for having a bit more than my usual shoulder and camera out of a window, got carried away with the sight and sound of 70013 climbing up towards Settle. Certainly nothing like as much as the person in question here though, and after all that, the difference is not really noticable in the resulting clip. The first bit through Settle Station is the section in question, the next bit where there was a photographer at the window in front of me was from the usual position. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeBP0bzJGlw

11. Dan Hamblin

Dan Hamblin Part of the furniture

Rolling Stock Engineer
    To be honest they probably don't know that this thread exists.

Regards,

Dan

12. Guest

Occasional
    Martin - they can laugh all they like - If they do by any chance hold PTS certificates, I would love to hear them explain how their activities comply.

In the meantime if that is their attitude, then their disreputable behaviour and cavalier attitude ranks them directly comparable to the bellowers and flailers who have already been threatened by Network Rail and Tour Promoters

On or about the line behaviour is no laughing matter.

13. 46236

46236 Well-Known Member

lord of the manor
    No one has said for definate it was PSOV, just an assumption, there is no absolute proof.May have been just co-incidental

14. david1984

david1984 Resident of Nat Pres

While trying to keen an open mind, im wondering how you come to that conclusion ?, the photo evidence seems pretty foolproof.

15. 46236

46236 Well-Known Member

lord of the manor
    yes I know, but we cannot jump to conclusions. Everyone in the support coach at the time will know who it was. Anyone like to expand on that?

16. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Student
    Hi

The way this discussion is going its getting like the situation when 76079 was slipped at Exeter, how long before we find Nat Pres in the railway mags again?

I dont particually enjoy reading the posts of people going on about the subject.

Alex

17. Shoddy127

Shoddy127 Well-Known Member

This is a very unfair comment 46236 to request other people from the support coach to comment on who the gentleman was. Do you honestly think someone would do that? The question is why? Just because you and a few others want to know who he is. We now know where the guy is from and if they want to make a comment then they will. If they dont, then that is up to the individual involved and also the company who will be using the footage.

The thread is staying open but if this turns into a slanging match, it will be locked.

18. Enterprise

Enterprise Part of the furniture

I quite agree, many of the comments are much too precious. H&S Nazis, snitchers and hypocrits make bad bedfellows. Let it lie!

Cheers
    Alan