If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Tanfield Railway Stockbook

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by Bestieboy, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Bestieboy

Bestieboy Member

Hi Guys
    I'm trying to find out if the Tanfield do a stockbook. I'm mainly interested in the wagons on site. I've looked through their website but can't find any info.
    Cheers
    Steve

2. ovbulleid

ovbulleid Member

i sit behind my computer clicking on 'view active
    there used to be one, but it's out of print now and a new one is in the process of being written. do you have a specific question regarding the tanfield's wagons? if so, i'm sure the encyclopedic knowledge of our carriage and waggon (sic) manager will probably produce an answer for you.

3. Bestieboy

Bestieboy Member

Hi
    I'm not after anything in particular, except all of them!! I have very few wagons for the Tanfield in my DB. I'm planning a trip of the north east in August & I like to be prepared before I go. You mention a new stockbook is in production. Will this be available before August and if so, is it possible to purchase one via the Tanfield site before I visit?
    Cheers
    Steve

4. Watchdog

Watchdog Member

Bestieboy, sorry for the lack of info on the web about the railways rollingstock - we are hoping to change this! Like ovbulleid said, we've just had a new guide book printed and the next step of this is a full stockbook. When this is however I don't know, but it might be worth getting intouch with the commercial manager (info@tanfield-railway.co.uk) and just explain that you would be interested in having one posted out when they arrive off the press.

Hope this helps and shall look forward to your visit!

5. Bestieboy

Bestieboy Member

Thanks Watchdog
    I look forward to my first visit to the Tanfield.
    Steve

6. richards

richards Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
  7. Bestieboy

Bestieboy Member

Cheers Richards
    I have looked through this and although the carriage side is a suberb source of reference, the wagons are very out of date with many errors. They are working on this at the moment and a few locations are starting to come together. Sadly the Tanfield isn't one of them at present.
    Steve

8. P&JR

P&JR Well-Known Member

The Peoples Democratic Republic of the Causey Arch
    For my sins I am currently C&W Manager at Tanfield - if you're looking to make a trip up let me know and I'll show you round - might have more time after Easter mind as there's a couple of rather pressing things at the minute!

Without wishing to criticise too much most of the entries in the waggon regiester are not just out of date but massively innacurate.

I wouldn't like to write up a full list in a hurry but if there are any particular vehicles that you, or anyone else for that matter, would like to know more about then just let me know... I'm probably sad enough to know the answer!

9. Bestieboy

Bestieboy Member

Many Thanks P&JR
    I'll be visiting sometime in August with my Father. If its possible for you show us around & an opportunity to test your knowledge I would be very grateful. If it's ok with you I'll contact you closer to our trip & arrange a convenient time with you?
    Cheers
    Steve

10. P&JR

P&JR Well-Known Member

The Peoples Democratic Republic of the Causey Arch
    Sounds like a plan to me.

P&JR