If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Subscription renewals

Discussion in 'The Railway Magazine' started by 50002, Jan 7, 2011.

1. 50002

50002 Member

Would it be fair to say that these have not gone well following the transfer to Mortons Media?

I had their letter about transfer of the direct debit arrangments, and was expecting a payment to be collected before Christmas. But it didn't happen and I'm still waiting.

After many fruitless telephone calls both via mobile and land line, I finally managed to speak to a customer adviser who said a new direct debit has been set up to begin on 24 January - about 6 weeks late! As to when I might receive the current issue, well your guess is as good as mine.

I wonder how many subscriptions Mortons will lose as a result of these delays. Are they really bothered though?

2. 60017

60017 Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Retired from corporate slavery :o)
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I have to say, the transfer went very smoothly for me.

3. SG-Canada

SG-Canada Member

Land Use Planner
    I fully expect to miss an issue. What is with no online renewals? I tried to call the UK phone number for renewals which just doesn't work from Canada. I emailed the RM and got a very unhelpful response that perhaps i don't know how to dial the UK correctly from Canada.

Suffice to say, once i get a chance to go to the post office tonight and buy an international stamp my renewal will be on its way back to the UK, but given how slow the post can be, that i only tried starting to renew about a week ago when i got the notice originally for my last issue being published March 2, i am not overly content with the new procedure for renewals.

-Stephen