If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Steam Railway SR471 – On Sale Now!

Discussion in 'Steam Railway' started by Thomas Bright, Sep 8, 2017.

This month’s edition of Steam Railway looks at two very important Churchward locomotives for two very different reasons.

[​IMG]
    Steam Railway SR471 - On Sale NOW!

We discuss the planned disposal of ‘28XX’ No. 2818 from the National Railway Museum to Swindon, and why the 2-8-0 is one of the most significant locomotives to have been preserved. We also celebrate the centenary of the ex-ROD ‘43XX’ No. 5322 and what the future holds for this First World War veteran.

We also focus on the future of the Severn Valley Railway as it builds its ambitious Bridgnorth development ten years after devastating storms almost destroyed the line, while one of Britain’s burgeoning new-build projects – BR ‘3MT’ No. 82045 – rapidly takes shape at the SVR’s northern terminus. Will there be more?

Down Main celebrates its 25th anniversary this issue, and Tony Streeter speaks to some of main line steam’s foremost figureheads to discuss the future of railtours.

As always, Steam Railway brings you the very latest standard gauge, narrow gauge, Irish, main line and industrial steam news from across the UK and around the world.

You can read all this and more in the latest edition of Steam Railway – the world’s biggest selling steam magazine. On sale now!

Continue reading...

1. sycamore

sycamore Member

Guard & Signalman (E&BAR) / Driver (HVMR)
    Embsay or Bolton Abbey, sometimes in between...
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Just received my copy through the door (not sure why so late?) but honestly found 'Down Main' one of the most depressing reads ever this month! Pretty sure I read a similar article about 10 years ago and most of the content printed then never Materialised!!!

Will

Matt37401 likes this.