If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

South Devon Miniature Railway

Discussion in 'Miniature Railways' started by SpudUk, Apr 23, 2009.

1. SpudUk

SpudUk Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Is there a specific website for the South Devon Miniature Railway? MIGHT be getting a 7 1/4" gauge steam locomotive soon and it looks like a nice railway to run on, a long way from me mind, but nice all the same!

2. ernestgew

ernestgew Member

We haven't got a website at the moment, but that is in the process of happening. If you want any info then please feel free to PM me. All visiting loco's are most welcome! =D>

3. ernestgew

ernestgew Member

For anyone who is interested to know, over the coming weekend (First May Bank Holiday), the SDR is running it's annual Day Out With Thomas, and therefore on the mini railway we shall be running an intensive service. There are visitors planned to visit on each day. On the Saturday a visiting Romulus and Wren should be present. On the Sunday and Monday hopefully we will have a different Romulus and a Cockel. The resident Hunslet should also be around, providing work on it is completed. As always the Roanoke Petrol loco will be around for backup. All the loco's are subject to availbilty, and as is the train service. If there is severe rain train services are stopped due to the steep grades that the loco's have to climb on the trip...

4. Whats a cockel? do you mean a maxitrack kopple

5. glastonrail

glastonrail New Member

Civil Engineering Student at the University of Ply
    Maxitrak don't make a Koppel, you tit. It's built to Ken Swan's design, and is a very nice runner.

[​IMG]
    Pictured at Easter, photo by me.

Dom

6. ernestgew

ernestgew Member

Yes sorry did mean Koppel, here's me getting my names mixed up again! Must've had fish for dinner! #-o

7. ernestgew

ernestgew Member

Info update:

This weekend (9th and 10th May) there will be a portable miniature railway at Churston for the Paignton and Dartmouth's heritage gala. The locomotive will be the 0-4-0ST+T Hunslet. We will be running along a 100 foot piece of track on the up side platform at Churston. All come along, it promises to be a good few days, and also please support the Paignton and Dartmouth railway by buying a rover ticket for the day and seeing all of the attractions on the line there. =D>

8. Stu in Torbay

Stu in Torbay Part of the furniture

GPS Navigation Engineer
    Think I sat right behind you at Paignton on Saturday last at the Thomas Weekend. Shame you were limited to a few yards! Full length of Churston would be a nice length for a temporary set-up!!

9. Scorpian04111986

Scorpian04111986 Member

I install Commercial and Domestic Oil Tanks all ov
    Yes Stu that was the SDMR at Paignton on our travels it was also us at Churston last year did you enjoy the little trip then if so praps you should have a go at the full length at Buckfastleigh as thats far more entertaining

10. NickSDR

NickSDR New Member

Yes like 4 minutes 8 seconds entertaining :eyebrows:

11. Scorpian04111986

Scorpian04111986 Member

I install Commercial and Domestic Oil Tanks all ov
    The South Devon Miniature Railway Society has a new website at
    Www.sdmr.me.UK

It has links to lots of information pictures and videos of all the work we have undertaken over the winter months