If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

scunthorpe steelworks tour

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by sim2009, May 20, 2009.

1. sim2009

sim2009 New Member

hi everyone

i am organiseing a tour around the steelworks at the present time.
    i was woundering if anyone be interested in a brake van tour around scunthorpe steelwork .
    if so please phone me on 07935922503 (between 10:00am and 18:00pm) if you wish to contact me outside of that time please text me not phone PLEASE DO NOT POST ON HERE AS I AM GOING ON HOLIDAY TOMORROW AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET INTERNET ACCESS if you wish to join the tour your more than welcome to.

The date for this tour has now been CONFIRMED as saturday 6th of june.
    Can you please contact me ASAP letting me know if you can come on this date or if you cannot make it. Also if you havent allready done so i NEED URGENTLY to know the following:-

1)Your full name and your contact number.
    2)How you wish to pay (eg paypal cheque or cash by post)all payment must be recieved by no later than 31st of this month
    3)Any names of friends or people who wish to join you on this tour.
    4)your travel arrangements eg train car bus plane or boat .

Here is all the info for getting to the site we will be meeting just outside the gates of frodingham station.

BY CAR

From the West - leave M180 at J3 onto M181 , turn right at end of M181 onto A18 , A next roundabout take 3rd exit (A18) and follow A18 to next roundabout, At next roundabout turn left onto Ashby road. At the next roundabout turn Right down Rowland road. At the end of Rowland road turn Right then Left into Entrance E. Car parking is available on your Left and the path to our station is on your Right.

From the East - leave M180 at J4 and turn right at roundabout at top of motorway slip road. At next roundabout turn Left (A18 to Scunthorpe). At next Roundabout turn Right onto Brigg road. Follow Brigg road through 3 Sets of traffic lights . After 3rd set of traffic lights turn Right into Entrance E. Car parking is available on your Left and the path to our station is on your Right.

BY TRAIN

Leave Scunthorpe railway station and turn Right onto Station road . Turn right at second set of traffic lights onto brigg road and go over the railway bridge, cross the road just after the bridge opposite the network rail depot, carry on down brigg road (dont go down the road to the network rail depot) just before the curve in the road you will see a carpark on the left.
    Directly in front of you you will see a small wall this is where we will all be meeting. (walking time 15 mins or 5 mins in taxi - ask for Corus Frodingham House)

If you require any more info please do not hesitate to contact me either on here or on my mobile 07935922503.

PLEASE NOTE because there are so little amount of people wanting to join this tour at the present time it will cost £16 per person.

Thank you all again for your interest in this tour and i look forward to seeing you all on the day.

All the best.

Simon