If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Revised Procedures for GCR Lineside Permit holders

Discussion in 'Photography' started by SteamGalore, Jan 11, 2009.

1. SteamGalore

SteamGalore New Member

Retired Civil Engineer
    I have just come across the revised procedures for Photographic permit holders published on the GCR website.

See http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/About_Us/Gui ... elines.pdf

I suggest all permit holders study these carefully they make interesting and essential reading for those concerned.Members should note that only the GCR branded and numbered High vis jackets are to be the only jackets allowed and that signing in and out is required at Loughborough. I assume this means that there will no longer be signing in facilities at the other stations along the line.

2. davesrailwayphotos

davesrailwayphotos Member

Semi-Professional Musician
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I'll happily let GCR-volunteers correct me, but hasn't that particular piece of legislation been attempted to be implemented before, but with limited success? For myself, i know Quorn is easier...

3. Jamie C. Steel

Jamie C. Steel Member

To be fair we essentially treat the photographers as similar to the volunteers of the railway. The new guidelines are not paticularly demanding and to be totally fair Loughborough is the best location to sign on at, it's where the Traffic Manager is, and it's where the information originates. So you'll get it first hand rather than from somebody who might not totally understand what is going on. It's not that much harder to sign on at Loughborough is it?

4. steamingyorkshire

steamingyorkshire Well-Known Member

Lecturer
    Is there really 3 - 4 Metres of clearance at the side of the rails? Thats a long way from the side of the track. On the NYMR the limited distance is only 1.25 Metres.

5. MrHillingdon

MrHillingdon Well-Known Member

This thread is called "Revised Procedures............" They are actually called "Guidelines" when you read them, however, it's really all about being sensible when at the lineside.

Regards,

Paul