If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

[Photoplug] Carnforth Steamtown coaches etc

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by wcmlbls1846, Apr 19, 2017.

1. wcmlbls1846

wcmlbls1846 Well-Known Member

I have put together two albums taken over the past ten years of pre-nationalisation coaches at Carnforth, plus a couple of cranes and wagons.

One album has 26 photos of the Queen of Scots vintage train taken 2008 - 2013. (I have not seen it since):

https://andrewstransport.smugmug.com/WestCoastRailwaysWCRC/Queen-of-Scots-train/

The other album has 25 photos mainly of coaches. Some are still at Carnforth but some have moved.

It may not be widely known that there has been a lot of building at Steamtown. So far as I know all the coaches in these two albums are now under cover. (I have not been inside Steamtown since the 2008 open days.)

https://andrewstransport.smugmug.com/WestCoastRailwaysWCRC/Carnforth-Steamtown-rolling-stock/

Cheers

Andrew N

2. nick813

nick813 Well-Known Member Loco Owner

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Would be easy to make a few critical remarks...........very sad site/ sight.

26D_M likes this.
  3. richards

richards Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    They look no worse than a number of other preserved railways I can think of. If they are now all under cover, then they are actually in a *better* situation than many other railways.