If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Period Clothing (For on and off engines)

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by StokerWilliams, Feb 23, 2017.

1. StokerWilliams

StokerWilliams New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Hey guys. I'm soon to be volunteering at my local railway museum, and one of the requirements is period clothing (Edwrdian to 50's kind of deal). Given I want to get involved with both railway operations as well as construction (track repair, building restoration and site maintenance) can anyone point me in the direction of sources for period clothing worn for this kind of work. I've seen plenty of links for the bib n' braces worn by footplatemen, what about the rest? Thanks, Laurence.

2. John Webb

John Webb Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    At my museum (St Albans South Signal Box) we've had a couple of donations of BR uniforms which some of us wear, so it's worth asking your museum if they have any clothing available from similar sources. For replica clothing and other accessories, try https://www.heritage-ops.org.uk/product_categories.php - I've bought a waistcoat from them which looks good!